What better way to combine tea and biscuits than to put tea in the biscuit? These biscuits are the business. Shortbread cookies are buttery and bright, highlighting one of the all-time classics of the tea world. And they’re gluten free, too!
Enjoy them on their own or—naturally—at tea time with a cup of the Earl’s finest.
- 1-1/3 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp of Boost green tea powder
- 6oz of unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Mix rice flour, baking powder, tea powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla, beating until combined. Gradually fold in the dry ingredients, mixing well until a soft dough forms.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough between your palms and lightly press onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.