We said at the start of the recipe book that we would get you to try using our green tea in different ways. Here is one of them which goes great with Chicken.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or Xylitol
- 1 Tbsp of green tea powder we recommend the our Lean green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons good quality olive oil, divided
- Six chicken breasts
- 1 cup hot water
- Teaspoon of chopped coriander
- 2 slices of orange per chicken breast
- Make tea using powder and Stir sugar into tea while hot; let cool.
- Combine tea with coriander, salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag and pour in half of marinade. Seal and let chill 1 to 6 hours.
- Heat remaining marinade over medium high heat about 4 minutes, or until reduced by one-third.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade in bag.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken to pan without crowding and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Place two slices of orange on each chicken breast and cook in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes
- Serve with sauce and fresh herbs over greens.