If you like your bread to have a delicate, uniform crumb, use a food processor or beater to process the banana into a smooth puree. Sometimes it’s just nice to mash the bananas with a fork or cut into small chunks giving you small pockets of intense banana flavour throughout the bread.
- 1 Tbsp of Skinny green tea.
- 1/4 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar or natural Xylitol
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup fat free Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups of white Flour
- 3 very ripe Bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat tea powder and water gently until you see first bubble of boiling. Add the sugars and butter and stir until both have melted into a thick syrup, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine the sour cream and baking soda in a large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes to combine. Stir in the cooled tea syrup and the eggs into the sour cream mixture
- Sift in the flour and fold gently to combine.
- Finally, fold in the mashed bananas.
- Pour the batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing.