Ginseng and orange shortbread cookies with pistachios.
Orange and pistachios almost cry out to be used together and this is a very simple recipe.
This gives an indulgent biscuit a healthy twist and a beautiful taste.
The biscuits should turn out quite crunchy (or they have when I have made them).
- Boost Green tea powder 2 tsp
- Flour 200 g
- Baking powder 3/4 tsp
- Oil (fry lite) 3 tbsp
- Light brown Sugar 100g
- Pistachios 100g ( chopped )
- Milk 60ml
- Put the light brown sugar/Xylitol into a blender and make it a fine powder.
- In a bowl combine the tea powder, flour, powdered sugar, baking powder and mix well.
- Add the oil and rub into the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
- Add chopped pistachios and give a stir.
- Add the milk and gather everything to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Place the dough in between two plastic sheets and roll into a thin sheet of 1/4 inch thickness or desired thickness and cut out shapes.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spray oil or grease it with butter or oil.
- Cook at 180ºc for about 15 minutes.
- Let it rest in the oven for another 5 minutes before removing from the oven and cooling it.
The cookies will become crispier as they cool down down. Enjoy with a cup of Green tea!